- Performance Assessment Survey 2002
- NATD survey on district testing practices natdsurvey2000
- Survey of testing practices and issues 1998
- Standardized Test Selection Practices in Public Schools 1987
- Test Preparation Survey 1986
- Survey on State and National Test Comparisons 1985
Annual Symposium Proceedings & Occasional Papers
NATD usually produces an Annual Proceedings that reflects the content of the annual symposium. Presenters are asked to provide a copy of their paper and presentation. One purpose of these proceedings is to disseminate important information about testing issues to practitioners in schools.
- 2014 Symposium:Past Present Future v3 Trustworthy Test Results: Cheating in the Past, Present & Future
- 2011 Proceedings: Measuring Teacher Effectiveness in a Comprehensive Teacher Evaluation System: Fair, Accurate, & Legally Defensible? What Variables Belong in Your Value-Added Model?; Measuring Teacher Effectiveness; Alternative and innovative approaches for the use of growth models for school improvement
- 2011 Breakfast Meeting and Presentation from Dr. Joe Willhoft: An Overview of the Race-to-the-Top Assessment Consortia Part 1, An Overview of the Race-to-the-Top Assessment Consortia Part 2
- 2010 Proceedings: – Validity Issues for Interim Benchmark Assessment Systems
- Natd 2009 powerpoints(1): NCLB at Year Eight in the Assessment of English Language Learners: Taking Stock of Assessment and Accountability Systems.
- 2008 Proceedings – not published
- Natd 2007 proceedings final NCLB:Changing it, Fixing It, Living With It
- 2006 Proceedings: natd 2006 proceedings final Beyond NCLB: From Measuring Status to Informing Improvement
- 2005 Proceedings: natd 2005 proceedings1 Current Guidance for Integrity in Testing
- 2004 Proceedings: NATD2004 The Achievement Gap: Test Bias or School Structures
- 2003 Proceedings:NCLB One Year Into Implementation 2003_NATD_NCME_Symposium
- 2002 Proceedings: NATD2002papers What Will Be the Effects on Assessment and Accountability in Local School Districts of the “No Child Left Behind Legislation”?
- 2001 Proceedings: natd2001 Test Security in a High Stakes Environment: Myth or Reality?
- 2000 Proceedings: natd2000 Standards – Assessments – Instructional Improvement
The Golden Triangle of American Education
- 2000 NATD Testing Survey natdtestingsurvey2000
- 1999 Proceedings: 1999_NATD_Symposium Issues and Trends in Inclusive Assessment Practices
- 1998 Proceedings: natd98 Revisiting the Issue of Measuring and Reporting Student Growth in an Era of Standards Based Reform (Coming Soon)
- 1997 Proceedings: NATD 1997 Symposium The Rasch Tiger Ten Years Later: Using IRT Techniques To Measure Achievement In Schools
- 1996 Proceedings: 1996 Proceedings Current Issues in Test Administration
- 1995 Proceedings: 1995 Proceedings Performance Assessment in the Brave New World of Continuous Quality Improvement: Perspectives from Business, Curriculum Development & Testing
- 1994 Proceedings: 1994 Proceedings Guiding Principles for Performance Assessment
- 1993 Proceedings: (Testing…Testing…) Do we know we are going? Have we been here before? The scoop from P.O.O.P.P’s; Objectifying the Subjective: Rubrics, Scoring guides, and Other Ways of Knowing
- 1992 Proceedings: National Assessment in England and Wales; Alternative Assessments in Practice: Perspectives on Issues and Problems
- 1991 Proceedings: symp1991 (Note, this is a scanned copy so the formatting is not perfect) More Authentic Assessment: Theory and practice; Measurement Issues in Performance Assessment; Local, State, National and International Indicator Systems: Will we know where we are if we get there?
- 1990 Proceedings: Issues in Large Scale Assessment Programs
- 1989 Proceedings: Beyond the Wall Chart: Indicators and school ranking; Dog-eared Reports are the Best of the Breed: Recognizing and rewarding evaluation utilization;
- 1989 Occasional Paper: Standardized Tests at the Pre-school Level: Do they tell us the truth about children?
- 1988 Proceedings: Customization of a National Standardized Achievement Test;
- 1988 Occasional Paper: Multi-layered Testing in the Los Angeles Unified School District
- 1987 Proceedings: Perspectives on Public Reporting of Test Results; Student Achievement Comparison Among States:
Issues and status; Riding the Rasch Tiger;
- 1987 Occasional Paper:The Testing Octopus: A tentacle for curriculum, or, How do you dance with a octopus?
- 1987 Occasional Paper: Who’s in Charge of Testing Now? or, A system used to consolidate testing throughout a district.
- 1986 Proceedings: Legitimate Ways to Prepare Students for Standardized Tests; Taming the Rasch Tiger: Using item response theory in practical educational measurement.
- 1985 Proceedings: Cheating on Standardized Tests; Issues and Problems in Large City Schools;
- 1985 Occasional Paper: Guidelines and Principles for National Test Norming Studies